GDPR Privacy Notice
Here at Inner Smile Therapies, the privacy and confidentiality of clients is taken very seriously. This page explains what data is stored and how and why it is stored, processed and disposed of for the purpose of UK GDPR regulations. Inner Smile Therapies is registered with the ICO - Information Commissioners Office and abide by their policy for data protection.
WHAT DATA DO WE HOLD?
• Name, address, date of birth and contact details of client.
• Clients’ private therapeutic notes including background information, assessments and any paper or electronic correspondence relevant to the therapy. Private therapeutic notes will always be kept secure and separate from any contact details and electronic information is password protected.
WHY DO WE HOLD IT?
We will use the above information ONLY in relation to the specific therapy programme that has been requested and the administration of the delivery of that therapy. We hold contact details securely and for the sole purpose of contacting you about your therapy.
DO WE SHARE IT?
Under no circumstances share will any personal details be shared with any third party unless legally obliged to do so. Assessments will be shared if there is reasonable cause to do so in the therapeutic interests of the client, and then only with your explicit consent. In such cases the document will be sent directly and securely to the approved recipient and, where transmitted by email, will be protected by a password only accessed via a separate method of communication, such as a phone call or a text.
HOW DO WE STORE IT?
We store all client details in a locked filing cabinet, with personal contact details stored separately from private therapeutic notes.
For the protection of the therapist and client and in line with the BACP personal details and private therapeutic information will be retained for , after which it will 7 years, then shredded and destroyed.
YOUR CONSENT FOR US TO HOLD YOUR DATA
All data detailed above is held and processed with the consent of the client. Inner Smile Therapies is legally obliged to obtain consent to process data in the case of all existing clients.
Inner Smile Therapies holds and processes personal details relating to a client’s therapy programme only as specified above in accordance with the UK GDPR Regulations.
Where there is lawful basis under the GDPR, clients have the right to:
• Request a copy of this data;
• Request correction of any inaccurate or out-of-date data;
• Request erasure of this data when it is no longer necessary to hold it;
• Request the transfer of this data to another data controller;
• Withdraw consent to the processing of this data at any time.
All the above complies with the General Data Protection Regulation using contract as a lawful basis for processing the data we hold.
For more information you can visit https://ico.org.uk/.../guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
Sarah Lewin @ Inner Smile Therapies - Counselling and Psychotherapy in Nottingham
The Magnolia Therapy Centre, Nottingham NG5 2EF
Ransom Wood Business Park, Mansfield, NG21 0HJ
Email me here